As New York’s largest health insurer, EmblemHealth serves nearly 3.4 million people, ranging from individuals to large groups. Building on its 75-year history, the company continues to deliver innovative care to New Yorkers and their families. People are their top priority, and with that comes a focus on creating a customer-centric environment.
In 2006, EmblemHealth merged its legacy companies, Group Health Incorporated (GHI) and the Health Insurance Plan of Greater New York (HIP). The merger yielded a wide variety of medical, prescription drug, dental, and vision plans that are among the most innovative in the industry. It also resulted in a number of disparate call center technologies.
Already a loyal Genesys customer, EmblemHealth again turned to the industry leader for help addressing challenges created by the merger. Today, EmblemHealth runs an efficient, customer-centric call center, thanks to customized voice routing solution from Genesys.
- Optimized voice routing with unified, dynamic platform
- Improved efficiency and service levels
- Supports creating a customer centric environment
“With its integration capabilities, Genesys gives us great flexibility in our ability to meet any challenges that comes our way. We wouldn’t have been able to do it with any other system.”
- Unable to create a single, multi-site ACD queue
- Legacy company mergers introduced call center complexity
- Sought personalized communication with members