Read the full story of how Slovak Telekom improved performance, motivation, transparency, and quality in the contact center ― and the back office.
Slovak Telekom offers voice and data services, as well as provides broadband and operates the digital TV Magio service. The company wanted to overhaul its customer service operations and improve the customer experience. It therefore sought to reduce costs, meet service level agreements, improve agent effectiveness, and boost employee productivity in its mobile operations. To meet these challenges, Slovak Telekom turned to Genesys. Now, front- and back-office operations have been transformed.
Supervisors can centrally manage employees’ individual skill levels for calls and tasks in one distribution system. Tasks are automatically ‘pushed’ to available, appropriately skilled agents, as opposed to agents self-selecting their choice of easier tasks. Says Michaela Prajslerova, planning and monitoring manager, Slovak Telekom: “Genesys makes sure we distribute tasks, reminders, and follow-ups at the right time to the appropriate agent.”
Thanks to the steady flow of work based on business objectives and the business value of each task, Slovak Telekom now has a clear view of service levels, employees’ availability, and utilization of agents ― all of which has ensured optimized customer service and a superior customer experience.
- Customer service complaints are down 26 percent; service levels have improved by 19 percent on average across all tasks; ‘solved’ activities have increased by 43 percent ― from 350,652 to 502,913; and agent capacity has increased by eight percent
- Route backlogged work to available workers during peak task periods
- Optimize use of all agents, which has decreased customer wait times
- Objective-driven distribution ensures that the right task is distributed to the right agent, at the right time
- Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are automatically adhered to by prioritizing tasks based on business value
- Managers are freed to coach rather than remain mired in manual planning, queue monitoring, and task distribution
“Thanks to Genesys iWD, we can now leverage the saved capacity to enjoy greater flexibility and efficiency in the planning and management of additional sales activities, such as following-up on leads. Supervisors' capacity, previously used for operational management, is now used for people management. We’ve been delighted with the business results.”
- To increase the utilization of agents and full-time employees, and better leverage capacity during peak periods across organizational units
- To ensure automatic prioritization and distribution of workload across non-voice and voice tasks
- To create online monitoring and control over task distribution and handling to prevent agent ‘cherry picking’
- To measure task processing handling times as a base for agents’ variable pay