J.B. Hunt Transport Services, Inc. is a Fortune 500 company and one of the largest transportation logistics companies in North America. J.B. Hunt provides safe and reliable transportation services to a diverse group of customers throughout the continental U.S., Canada and Mexico. Core to the business is delivering premier customer service.
The company was committed to establishing one-to-one routing as the primary means of communication, but its previous PBX system was unable to support the expansion of skill sets for routing rules. In recent years, J.B. Hunt has faced the additional challenge of communication silos – e.g. phone call, on-board communication system, text, email – which require agents to manage customer interactions through lots of tools across the desktop, the Internet and even personal devices. With the goal of continuous improvement, the company needed to centralize the interactions with smart, efficient call routing in order to report on and improve customer service.
J.B. Hunt chose the Genesys Customer Experience Platform and implemented Reporting & Analytics, Proactive Communications, and Self-Service from Genesys to expand skill sets and centralize interactions. This has enabled J.B. Hunt to increase the number of target agents with relevant skill sets, which has significantly increased the percentage of calls that go to the first account rep and greatly reduced internal transfers.
Using the Genesys Customer Experience Platform, combined with improved call center best practices, J.B. Hunt estimates it has saved nearly $2 million per year.
- ASA reduced from 39 seconds to 4 seconds
- Abandoned calls reduced from 17% to 2.1%
- AHT reduced from 2 minutes, 7 seconds to 1 minute, 40 seconds
- $2 million annual cost savings (1999)
- Upwards of $30 million in savings over 15 years
“Genesys is the ‘Swiss Army Knife’ of call routing, allowing us to grow to unlimited skill sets, virtual queues and reporting to meet evolving business requirements. We feel secure knowing that when business users come to us with one-off, maybe even atypical requests, we can lean on rich functionality from Genesys.”
- Add more skill sets for routing rules across 130 call centers with varied skill sets and diverse customer service interactions
- Establish one-to-one routing while allowing for agent schedule changes
- Minimize customer wait time
- Centralize communication silos