Banco de Chile implemented an innovative virtual contact center for faster customer service, increased productivity, and improved customer satisfaction.
Banco de Chile serves more than half a million customers through a network of 300 branches and five contact centers ready to take calls around the clock. In order to improve the customer experience, the bank wanted to be able to provide different levels of service to each of their customer segments while also improving service quality for all customers.
However, according to Ivonne Müller, Head of Contact Center at Banco de Chile, "When customers called in, the bank wasn’t able to identify them or provide details to the agent about who the customer was and any previous contacts with the bank." Recognizing the limitations of their existing contact center solution, the bank looked for an alternative to help improve the customer experience.
The bank chose Genesys because of its market leading features and because Genesys could run independently of the underlying telephony infrastructure. Using Genesys, all locations are now tied together in a virtual contact center, allowing calls to be directed to any appropriately skilled agent at any site. The bank can now identify and recognize customers – such as private banking clients for whom it wants to provide preferential treatment – and prioritize these calls. "Genesys is helping us meet the needs of our customers in a timely, accurate and professional way, which is allowing us to develop strong long-term relationships with our customer base."
- Able to differentiate customer service by segment so that calls from high value private banking clients are answered first
- Agent availability matched to call volumes throughout the day
- Time-to-answer cut by 50 percent
- First-contact resolution rate increased from 60 to 90 percent
- Customer satisfaction improved – 80 percent of customers now happy with their contact center experience
- Employee satisfaction improved – staff turnover reduced from 20 percent to almost zero
- Contact center now a proactive sales channel generating US$17 million in annual revenues
"Since introducing Genesys, we’ve been able to shorten the time it takes to answer calls by 50%, and increase the first-call resolution rate from 60% to 90%."
- Wanted to deliver differentiated service to each customer segment
- Needed to prioritize calls from high net worth and private banking clients
- Sought to provide agents with rapid access to customer history
- Wanted a way to schedule agents to match call volumes
- Looked to improve service for all customers
- Needed to meet tight deadlines for initial deployment