UPMC Health Plan is the second-largest health insurer in western Pennsylvania and one of the nation’s fastest growing health insurance plans. They are owned by University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC), an integrated global health enterprise comprised of 22 hospitals and a network of other care sites across western Pennsylvania and throughout the rest of the world.
UPMC Health Plan provides a full range of products including group and children’s health insurance, Medicare, dental, vision, worker’s compensation to over to over 2.2 million members. The organization’s top-down commitment to customer experience is viewed as a major differentiator in healthcare insurance. Over 240 representatives at six different call centers deliver on that commitment, providing omnichannel support through inbound and outbound phone (both predictive dialer and automated outbound IVR), chat, and email to UPMC Health Plan members.
This focus on customer experience has won UPMC increased enrollment as well as industry awards and recognition. Read more about how UPMC Health Plan delivers employee engagement though Genesys Workload Management solutions here.
- Efficiency gains servicing different customer segments
- Comprehensive reporting metrics
- Increased high-touch, proactive customer experience
- Instant customer feedback
- Flexible routing strategies
- Customer segment utilizing 45% of resources
- Differentiate in complex healthcare marketplace
- Proactively contact members
- Guide customers through healthcare system
“We’re using Genesys technology to help us be more sophisticated in our service delivery, and to really understand the voice of the customer.”