LONDON, September 1, 2021 — Genesys®, a global cloud leader in customer experience orchestration, announced results for the company’s first six months of the fiscal year 2022 (February 1, 2021 to July 31, 2021). This significant momentum comes after the company’s record-setting fiscal year 2021. Halfway through fiscal year 2022, the Genesys Cloud CX™ platform achieved more than 100 % year-over-year growth in new cloud bookings, compared to the first six months of fiscal 2021. In the same period, the Genesys Multicloud CX™ solution also achieved more than 100% year-over-year growth in cloud and subscription bookings.
After just two years under the helm of CEO Tony Bates, the company has nearly completed its business model transition with cloud and subscription bookings making up more than 90% of total new bookings, up from nearly 75% in fiscal year 2021 and 53% in calendar year 2019, driven by Genesys Cloud CX and Genesys Multicloud CX success.
In today’s experience economy, consumers have high expectations for their relationships with the companies engrained in their daily lives. Consumers are defining new rules for engagement as they are always-on, looking for what they need—when they need it—and expecting to be heard and understood. Yet, customer contact centres have traditionally been built for transactional efficiency and effectiveness. What has been missing is the critical element of empathy at scale. It’s no surprise that a June 2021 study by Forrester[i] found that nearly 80% of consumers rated brand experiences as “ok” or “poor.” Companies everywhere are reevaluating how they connect with their customers to provide empathetic experiences to earn customer loyalty.
“Experience as a Service is the next step in the evolution of customer engagement,” said Tony Bates, CEO and Chairman of Genesys. “Businesses look to Genesys as the leader in executing this vision and enabling them to deliver empathy at scale through innovations in AI and journey orchestration. For companies that need to meet the needs of today’s digital environment and provide rewarding experiences across all customer touchpoints, Genesys is the natural choice.”
Organisations around the world are turning to Genesys to transform transactional consumer touchpoints into orchestrated customer experiences. In the first six months of fiscal year 2022, Genesys Cloud CX and Genesys Multicloud CX drove a combined growth of 125% in the number of deals over $2.5 million annual recurring revenue compared to the first half of fiscal year 2021. Notable Genesys deals include one of the most iconic US fashion retailers, a popular vacation rental company, a global auto loan financer and a national healthcare company that added 18,000 agents to Genesys Cloud CX, contributing to the more than 400,000 agents that are now on that platform.
Additionally, based on this powerful cloud solution portfolio, Genesys continued to displace legacy vendors during the period — more than three per day from Avaya and Cisco alone, including 20,000 agents on Genesys Multicloud CX in an eight-figure annual deal with a Fortune 100 telecom company.
During the first half of the fiscal year, Genesys continued its momentum on delivering innovative solutions and growing its ecosystem, including the following milestones.
- Introduced multiple advancements in artificial intelligence (AI) with new features for Genesys Cloud CX, including Genesys Predictive Routing, Genesys Web Messaging and Intent Miner for Bots. These new features enable businesses to be more customer-centric, powering fluid and personalised experiences on consumers’ preferred channels.
- Launched the Genesys DX™ solution, helping companies move beyond transaction-based chat conversations and deliver intuitive digital experiences for their customers, understand customer needs and predict intent with groundbreaking capabilities. Genesys DX leverages the Genesys customer experience expertise and Genesys AI with predictive engagement to enhance conversational AI and dynamic knowledge base features from the Bold360 acquisition.
- Launched Genesys Choice, a flexible consumption model that provides access to all voice, AI, workforce engagement/optimisation and digital capabilities — all with a single annual subscription. This new offering enables companies to leverage any Genesys capability when they need it, without having to change their contract. This includes the ability to quickly scale up or down Genesys Cloud CX or Genesys Multicloud CX usage to adjust for business needs.
- Launched Genesys Multicloud CX ™ on Azure, the first cloud contact centre service on the Microsoft Azure cloud platform. With this omnichannel service, enterprises have the security and scalability needed to connect every customer touchpoint, and the ability to innovate faster with a full breadth of capabilities large enterprises require. Genesys also delivered its first Genesys Multicloud CX™ private edition, a cloud solution that companies can deploy themselves or run through partners on any cloud platform.
- Enabled organisations to interact with consumers via Instagram private messaging with the launch of Messenger API for Instagram, helping them engage with their customers on a more personalised level.
- Partnered with Qualtrics to bring together Genesys engagement data and Qualtrics experience data to help companies understand every factor affecting customer satisfaction in a single view.
- Partnered with Limitless to create more authentic, human connections between companies and consumers by extending their contact centre teams using a gig workforce of brand experts.
- Increased the number of partners and cloud solutions available on the Genesys application marketplace, AppFoundry® by 24% and 22%, respectively. Many cloud solutions in the AppFoundry Marketplace are pre-integrated with Genesys Cloud CX and can be instantly deployed and used, providing businesses even more options to customise and deliver remarkable customer experiences based on their needs.
The strength of Genesys business momentum and cloud leadership garnered significant industry analyst recognition over the calendar year, most notably being named a Leader in Contact Centre as a Service by Gartner® in its annual Magic Quadrant TM[ii], as well as Visionary for Workforce Engagement Management (WEM)[iii]. Most recently, Genesys was ranked No. 1 for 2020 market share for Worldwide Contact Centre Applications by IDC[iv]. Additionally, Genesys was named Growth and Innovation Leader by Frost and Sullivan [v] and a leader by Opus Research in Conversational Intelligence[vi].
Every year, Genesys orchestrates more than 70 billion remarkable customer experiences for organisations in more than 100 countries. Through the power of our cloud, digital and AI technologies, organisations can realise Experience as a ServiceSM, our vision for empathetic customer experiences at scale. With Genesys, organisations have the power to deliver proactive, predictive, and hyper personalised experiences to deepen their customer connection across every marketing, sales, and service moment on any channel, while also improving employee productivity and engagement. By transforming back-office technology to a modern revenue velocity engine Genesys enables true intimacy at scale to foster customer trust and loyalty. Visit www.genesys.com.
©2021 Genesys. All rights reserved. Genesys, the Genesys logo, Genesys Cloud CX, Genesys Multicloud CX, Genesys DX and Experience as a Service are trademarks, service marks and/or registered trademarks of Genesys. All other company names and logos may be registered trademarks or trademarks of their respective companies.
Senior PR Manager – EMEA
+44 1276 457 119
+44 7408 885099
+ 44 20 7592 1200
[i] The US Customer Experience Index, 2021; TJ Keitt, Forrester
[ii] Gartner Magic Quadrant for Contact Center as a Service, August 2021.
[iii] Gartner Magic Quadrant for Workforce Engagement Management (WEM), April 2021
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organisation and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
[iv] IDC Worldwide Contact Center Applications Software Market Shares 2020 report (Doc # US48070821, July 2021),
[v] Frost Radar:™ North American Enterprise Cloud Contact Center Market 2021 report.
[vi] Opus Research Report: “2021 Conversational Intelligence Intelliview”, August 2021