Contact Centers 2026: Where We'll Be with CCaaS, AI, and WFO
The major trends driving contact center technology decisions are well under way: Enterprises are migrating seats from premises systems to Contact Center as a Service (CCaaS); AI-enabled applications are helping to improve key metrics, and workforce optimization (WFO) is helping contact centers run more efficiently. So where will contact center technology be in three years? Will the majority of seats connect to cloud-based systems? Will AI be replacing agent positions in large contact centers? What will the mix of traffic look like, and how will this be reflected in agent roles? In this session, a leading analyst who is studying all of these trends will give you his view on what to expect over the next three years. You’ll come away better prepared to set your own strategic plan for contact center technology.
- What growth will we see in CCaaS over the next three years? Will there be a “tipping point” where a majority of contact center seats are based on cloud systems?
- What will drive CCaaS growth, and what will constrain it?
- How pervasive will AI-driven applications be in the contact center? Will AI-powered systems allow contact centers to reduce overall agent headcount?
- What new AI capabilities will we see emerge over the next three years?
- How will WFO evolve, and what will be its impact on contact centers?
The Genesys Cloud CX™ platform is a seamless, all-in-one contact center solution that allows you to power deeply connected experiences, but don’t just take our word for it. Discover all that you can do with Genesys Cloud CX by stopping by our booth for a live demo!
How Customer Engagement Platforms Will Drive CX 2.0
Customer engagement requires a digital-first, personalized approach. However, CRM systems, often deployed in departmental silos, cannot support customers throughout their various interaction journeys. These systems lack individual customer context, AI assistance, and automation to trigger the most relevant responses at scale.
Customer engagement platform (CEPs) break through the complexity of modern customer relationships by monitoring customer activity, analyzing behavioral insights, and orchestrating relevant interactions across customer-facing employees. The CEP’s power lies in its ability to link crucial systems and communications and then proactively deliver information.
This session, conducted by a leading customer engagement analyst, will give you a detailed examination of the market dynamics at play in the expanding CEP ecosystem, and will highlight how CEPs serve as the key to building a modern, digital ecosystem and enabling frictionless experiences. You’ll come away with a better understanding of the role CEPs can play in a successful customer experience strategy.
- How the economic and market dynamics are forging a new technology ecosystem for customer engagement
- The criteria for a CEP and the platform’s approach to delivering frictionless, personalized customer engagement
- What’s next in the CEP market
- Recommendations for advancing digital, omnichannel engagement
UCaaS Plus CCaaS: What are the Use Cases, Where are the Hurdles?
Most cloud communications companies now offer integrated UCaaS and CCaaS services, either as a single-vendor solution or through partnerships. But are enterprises actually leveraging these capabilities? What are the real use cases for these combined services, and are there successful customer examples? In this session, a leading analyst will moderate a panel of subject matter experts to help you understand the state of play—what does the technology enable today and what’s possible in the future; what business cases are being made and how compelling are they; and when we might see larger-scale adoption of UCaaS + CCaaS by enterprises. You’ll come away with a better understanding of where we are on the hype-vs.-reality scale.
- What are the most likely use cases for UCaaS + CCaaS? Is it still built around expanding CX capabilities beyond the agents?
- How can a UCaaS + CCaaS solution benefit workers outside of the contact center and impact their productivity?
- What’s the business case for going with a service that integrates UCaaS and CCaaS capabilities?
- What specific challenges would an enterprise face in deploying an integrated UCaaS + CCaaS service?
- Best of breed or single vendor – does it matter?