Genesys to Answer Top Five Questions on Text Messaging for Collections
Company Execs to Offer Deployment Strategies at the Financial Services Collections and Operational Risk Conference
DALY CITY, CA., October 18, 2013 — Genesys, a leading provider of customer engagement and contact center solutions, today announced that it will help collections organizations harness the power of text messaging during a session entitled, “Five Questions on Text Messaging for Collections,” at the Financial Services Collections and Operational Risk Conference presented by Credit, Collections and Risk, to be held October 21 – 23, 2013 at the Swissôtel Chicago.
Although 83% of text messages are opened within three minutes, few collections organizations understand how to leverage the power of this emerging channel due to concerns around privacy, compliance regulations, and technology hurdles. In this session, Genesys executives will discuss industry best practices about how collectors can successfully incorporate text messaging into their strategies. Attendees will receive answers the following questions:
- In order to contact a debtor on his mobile phone, do I need to obtain consent? What defines an eligible number to contact?
- For third party collectors, what do I do about disclosures? What about debt buyers?
- How do I know that a mobile phone is not shared or viewed by someone who is not the debtor?
- Do text messages have to comply with the same calling windows as phone calls?
- How difficult is it for a collections agency, or an organization collecting its own debt, to obtain opt-in where the debtor’s mobile number was obtained outside of the debt application process?
Event: Financial Services Collections and Operational Risk Conference
Session: Five Questions on Text Messaging for Collections
Date/Time: Tuesday, October 22nd, 2:00-2:45 p.m. CT
Genesys Booth: 205
Speakers: Matt Edmunds, Vice President of Sales, Proactive Communications, Genesys; John Tallarico, Vice President, Product Services, Genesys
For more information, please visit – http://www.collectionscreditrisk.com/conferences/fscc/
Genesys is a leading provider of customer engagement and contact center solutions. With more than 3,500 customers in 80 countries, Genesys orchestrates more than 100 million customer interactions every day across the contact center and back office, helping companies deliver fast and optimal levels of customer service with a highly personalized cross-channel customer experience. Genesys also prioritizes the flow of work to back office personnel resulting from any customer interaction, internal workflow or business application, optimizing the performance and satisfaction of customer-facing employees across the enterprise.
Michael Lindenberger (Reidy Communications)