Genesys Acquires Innovative Self-Service Application and Service Provider LM Sistemas
First acquisition as stand-alone company expands Genesys’ presence in the key Brazil market, provides unique approach and best practices for self-service.
DALY CITY, Calif., July 3, 2012 - Genesys, a provider of customer experience solutions, today announced the acquisition of LM Sistemas. LM Sistemas has transformed the Interactive Voice Response (IVR) market in Brazil with a unique full-service offering for managing and delivering self-service. The result for end customers is a one-of-a-kind branded experience that makes self-service fun and engaging. The acquisition brings Genesys powerful self-service applications with an innovative business model combined with a team of more than 160 self-service experts. The acquisition supports the Genesys strategy to deliver unique solutions that combine leading technology with productized best practices.
- The LM Sistemas acquisition complements and expands the Genesys presence in Brazil and greater Latin America, which is a key growth market for the company. LM Sistemas additionally expands the portfolio of Genesys voice self service solutions to include world-class applications and management capabilities. The addition of over 160 LM Sistemas employees to Genesys in Brazil more than triples the number of Genesys people serving customers in this growing market.
- As self-service becomes a more critical component of the overall customer experience, both companies and end customers are increasingly turning to new and more engaging applications. With a low to no up-front fees or infrastructure investment model, the LM Sistemas full service approach combines voice application best practices with technology for a unique and branded customer experience. The company designs, delivers, monitors and optimizes the entire self-service application and related infrastructure for its customers. LM Sistemas’ innovative voice applications increase end customer adoption and bring new levels of engagement to self-service. Companies benefit through an enhanced brand, a better customer experience, and increased automation rates.
- Current LM Sistemas customer include: SKY Brazil, the largest provider of satellite TV services in South America; NET Serviços, Latin America’s largest multi-service cable company, offering pay TV, broadband internet access and voice services through a single cable; and Embratel, a major Brazilian telecommunications company.
- LM Sistemas is based in São Paulo with data center sites across Brazil.
- Genesys Laboratórios de Telecomunicaçöes Ltda of Brazil is the purchasing entity. LM Sistemas will operate under the Genesys brand immediately.
- Financial terms of the transaction will not be disclosed.
"Today’s announcement marks a significant step in the Genesys growth strategy, bringing unique best practices in-house, while aggressively expanding our presence in Brazil and Latin America," said Paul Segre, President and CEO, Genesys. "With its unique business model and highly talented team, LM Sistemas has truly changed the game in self-service. Together we are looking to extend the transformative LM experience to a full multi-channel and cross channel approach."
"We are honored to become a part of Genesys and deliver even better products and services for our customers in Brazil, while also taking our innovations to new markets worldwide," said Alexandre Bichir, CEO, LM Sistemas. "The Genesys vision around bringing conversations to today’s customer experience is a perfect match for the value LM Sistemas brings to self-service. We now have the backing and experience of a global leader to take LM Sistemas to the next level of growth and success."
Genesys is the world’s leading provider of customer service and contact center software and services — with a 100% focus on customer experience and mission to save the world from bad customer service. With more than 2,000 customers in 80 countries, Genesys is uniquely positioned to help companies bring their people, insights and customer channels together to drive today’s new customer conversation. Genesys software directs more than 100 million interactions every day from the contact center to the back office, helping companies deliver fast, simple service and a highly personalized cross-channel customer experience. Genesys software also optimizes processes and the performance of customer-facing employees across the enterprise.