The Genesys self service solution was enhanced through the acquisition of SpeechStorm in December 2015. As SpeechStorm was previously a partner of Genesys, these capabilities were quickly added to the Genesys Self-Service IVR offering.
Unlike traditional Interactive Voice Response (IVR), Genesys delivers customer experiences which are customized to the caller’s identity, characteristics, preferences, where they are in their customer journey, transaction history, and context of previous interactions.
That means the IVRs do not just present the same, mind-numbing menus to every single caller. Instead, each caller is offered a tailored menu, with just a few of the options most relevant to them. Sometimes the IVR simply asks them to confirm the reason it already anticipated for their call. Then the IVR can continue to tailor that experience as the call progresses, based on more information becoming available, or in accordance with the customer’s own behavior.
Our experience shows that customers are 2x as likely to use self-service when presented with personalized options. Just imagine the costs savings this alone can bring about. While the option to speak to an agent should be available to the customer at all times, by offering great self-service alternatives, many calls will be diverted away from the contact center, resulting in substantial costs savings and better agent deployment, as agents are able to focus on the more complex queries.
Empowering your front line is also at the core of offering a great and effortless customer experience. Genesys allows you to give your agents the right insights to understand how each customer journey is proceeding, and provide the tools in the form of an intuitive business user interface to correct any deviations and continually improve the experience.
Features of Personalized IVR include:
- Personas - delivering a customized experience in the form of the language, tone and voice used
- Intelligent Call Steering - routing calls based on customer data, context & capacity
- Interceptors & Shock Absorbers – conditional routing and messages
- Self-Service – giving customers the choice to access information and services for everyday tasks
- Touchtone & Speech Recognition - interactions by keying or simply speaking responses
- Customer Journeys – delivering insights into the customer journey