Genesys “Keeps California Growing” Through Employment, Community Support and Delivering Innovative Citizen Services with State’s Agencies
Lt. Governor Gavin Newsom Celebrates the Re-Launch of Genesys as an Independent Company
DALY CITY, Calif. – April 26, 2012 – In a joint press conference today, Genesys and California Lieutenant Governor Gavin Newsom celebrated the Company’s new future around its contributions in employment and innovation to “Keep California Growing.” As part of the event, Genesys reaffirmed its commitment to California as a newly formed stand-alone company. In February 2012, a company owned by the Permira Funds acquired Genesys from Alcatel-Lucent.
- Genesys currently provides 450 jobs in the State of California with a major presence in Daly City – many of which are highly skilled positions.
- Genesys works with seven California state agencies delivering innovation around citizen services, including the Franchise Tax Board, DMV, Child Support Services, and the California State Lottery.
- Today, Genesys supports over forty percent of California constituent interactions, delivering advanced online customer support and efficient live agent support to improve the level of service the State delivers.
- Genesys is increasing its investment in operations in California – supporting California Lt. Governor Newsom’s growth and competitiveness initiative for the state.
- Genesys has a longstanding relationship with the local Daly City community and has supported the Daly City Habitat for Humanity, and North Peninsula and San Francisco Food Banks.
- The company has deep roots in the San Francisco Bay Area and was founded in 1990.
“Technology innovation is critical to keeping the State of California growing and competitive,” said Lt. Governor Gavin Newsom. “Companies like Genesys are moving California ahead by contributing to our increasing pool of highly skilled workers and bringing innovation to a global marketplace — all while improving the citizen service across the state.”
“Citizen and customer service are top priorities within the public and private sector,” said Paul Segre, President and CEO of Genesys. “We salute the State of California for taking a ‘customer service’ focus across its various agencies. We’re excited to re-launch the new Genesys with Lt. Governor Gavin Newsom, promote innovation, and enable constituent conversations across the State of California.”
Genesys is the world’s leading provider of customer service and contact center software and services — with a 100% focus on customer experience. With more than 2,000 customers in 80 countries, Genesys is uniquely positioned to help companies bring their people, insights and customer channels together to drive today’s new customer conversation. Genesys software directs more than 100 million interactions every day from the contact center to the back office, helping companies deliver fast, simple service and a highly personalized cross-channel customer experience. Genesys software also optimizes processes and the performance of customer-facing employees across the enterprise. www.genesys.com